THE RANTINGS OF DEB

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Sex Vs Running!


My husband made the statement last night "you have replaced sex with running!" The wine I was drinking came flying out of my nose and let me tell you pinot noir burns the nasal tissue!

Apparently Scott is jealous of the time I spend running. I replaced my smoking habit with a running habit. I did not however replace sex with running. He went on and on about how it is the most important thing to me and he feels like as soon as I get home I am running out the door to go run. Blah freaking blah. I laughed and then it hit me, he was seriously complaining about me running. I stopped laughing and sat back and thought for a minute and tried to compose my thoughts so I wouldn't start cussing him out about how completely selfish he is.

I calmy took his hand and told him:

If you really think for one minute I have replaced sex with running, I am sorry. But let me tell you what I think ok? I think that you are mad because 5 days a week I take 45 minutes and spend it on me just me noone else. For 45 minutes I get Debra time. It is the most precious and most dear time to me. It is time I used to quit smoking. It is time I use to pound the pavement and let my stress melt away so that I don't kill you or Sophia. It is the time I use to ground myself so that I can focus on you and our family. It is important to me. I am going to be completely selfish and tell you there is absolutely 100% no way in hell I am going to give that up. I need it and you having a man moment and suggesting that I am not giving you enough sex time because in that 45 minutes normally I would be scurrying around the house cleaning is crap!

I think when I get home today and strap on those lovely running shoes that I adore so much, because nike made this thing that goes in my shoe that connects with my ipod that tells me how far, how fast, and how many calories I have used, I will smile at my husband and say "I am going to go fuck the shit out of the street!"


THE RANTINGS OF DEB

ABOUT

Deb
Hill Country, US

ARCHIVES []

CREDITS []

My Amazon.com Wish List

The WeatherPixie

What's My Blog Rated? From Mingle2 - Online Dating

Mingle2 - Online Dating

Who links to me?