THE RANTINGS OF DEB

Thursday, October 08, 2009

For My Paw-Paw


it has almost been 4 years since my Paw-Paw died. It has been 6 years since I lost him and 12 years since I learned I would loose him long before he died. My Paw-Paw had Alzheimer's. He passed away with the mind of a child without any recollection of who any of us were.

I remember hugging him good-bye 6 years ago and knowing he would not know me again. It was heart wrenchingly painful to watch him slip away. He was never angry in his illness, he was like a sweet loving child. 6 months before he died I curled up in his arms in his hospital bed begging him to remember me, feeding him chocolates (his favorite) and asking, "Paw-Paw do you know who I am?" His response was always the same, "No but I know that I love you." I would respond with "I am your grand daughter, the first girl born to your family name in 300 years and I love you so very much!" I would place a chocolate in his mouth and ask again, "Paw-Paw do you know who I am?" The response was always the same "No but I know I love you."

I am walking in memory of him in hopes that one day they will find a cure. Please help me reach my goal in raising money for the Memory Walk here in Houston by following the link below!

Follow this Link


THE RANTINGS OF DEB

ABOUT

Deb
Hill Country, US

ARCHIVES []

CREDITS []

My Amazon.com Wish List

The WeatherPixie

What's My Blog Rated? From Mingle2 - Online Dating

Mingle2 - Online Dating

Who links to me?