THE RANTINGS OF DEB

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Life in the Big Ole City


Everyday I become increasingly aware of the blessings in my life. Sometimes I loose sight of them in the hustle and bustle being a working mom who not only brings home the bacon, but fries it up in the pan and is then responsible for washing that pan! I am ready for Scott to find a job, any job, just something, or maybe he could learn to run the washing machine.

But I am blessed. I am blessed to have found a job yet again. I am blessed that scrubbing toilets and showers and doing other peoples laundry and dishes kept us afloat during the hard times, even proving to be quite lucrative. Hell I am still doing it for the icing of small weekend getaways with my husband and child.

I am blessed that I have a home, although it is quite small and cozy, a car that runs, and food on the table. My ability to swallow my pride during the hard times gave us that. It is difficult to accept help from your friends when family doesn't step up. I am sure you all have friends who have fallen on hard times. I challenge you to show up unexpected with a pack of diapers, a grocery bag of food, just because you know they need it and you care. I promise it will mean the world to them and allow them to exhale just a tiny bit.

I am blessed with friends like that. The $20.00 they spent meant very little to them, but it meant the world to us.

I am striving to put more away and splurge less as I dig us out of the debt that the last 3 months drove us into. With the economy the way it is credit cards were cancelled, there is no longer that safety net. But things are looking up. My light at the end of the tunnel is showing itself a little bit brighter.


THE RANTINGS OF DEB

ABOUT

Deb
Hill Country, US

ARCHIVES []

CREDITS []

My Amazon.com Wish List

The WeatherPixie

What's My Blog Rated? From Mingle2 - Online Dating

Mingle2 - Online Dating

Who links to me?