THE RANTINGS OF DEB

Monday, June 01, 2009

Sophia is Two!!!



I can't believe how big my little girl has gotten, it seems like only yesterday I was huge and begging her to come and show herself to the world. Well she has done that and has set the world on fire!!!

Alot has happened in the last 9 months since I have been here. I went through a long period of weakness missing Scott and struggling to hold everything together for him and Sophia. I never thought the day would arrive when we would be a family again and all 3 live under the same roof. The time has come and he is here. I thought things would be so very different and so much easier but God always has a way of stepping in and changing the plans and saying that isn't the path I have chosen for you.

Scott graduated from school with the promise that there was a job waiting here in Houston with me and Sophia. I was working hard and making great money, enough to support all 3 of us comfortably. Then the economic doom and gloom finally hit the construction industry here in Houston and I found myself among the unemployed. Scott job promise turned south with the floundering economy and we find ourselves preparing for a long hard struggle once again.

This time things aren't as bad as we had savings, however they will quickly dwindle. I guess the silver lining in all this is it is something we are very much use to doing. I am not afraid of government cheese! I just hate having to be someone looking for that hand out.

Sophia turned two yesterday and it was a beautiful day full of sun and a bouncy water slide, she loved it, I loved it and it meant so much to me that we were able to give her such a joyous day!


THE RANTINGS OF DEB

ABOUT

Deb
Hill Country, US

ARCHIVES []

CREDITS []

My Amazon.com Wish List

The WeatherPixie

What's My Blog Rated? From Mingle2 - Online Dating

Mingle2 - Online Dating

Who links to me?