THE RANTINGS OF DEB

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Recipes


Okay so a few of you asked about bread bowls and soup recipes. So today I will give you the bread bowls, cause you can make them and store them.

Rosemary & Roasted Garlic Bread Bowls~!

1 1/4 cups warm water (105-115 degrees) I used the babies digital one to check
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons active dry instant rise yeast
4 cups of all purpose or bread flour
1/2 cup pine nuts
1/3 cup powdered milk
2 tablespoons of fresh minced Rosemary (If you need some I have tons I can send you!)
1 roasted garlic ( slice top off bulb, cover in olive oil wrap in foil bake 350 degrees for 45 minute) squeeze like a zit to pop out cloves!)
2 Tablespoons additional sugar
1 egg

Combine first 3 ingrdients in a 2 cup glass measuring cup, stir to comnine and let the yeast proof. This takes about 10 minutes just let it sit there it will become foamy and spongey looking.

I don't have a food processor so I did this part by hand, but the recipe says combine all remaining ingredients in work bowl of food processor and pulse 3-4 times to combine.
Add yeast mixture and process about 15 seconds. I mixed it up by hand and it took about 3-4 minutes. Now turn it out onto a floured countertop and knead the dough. Work into a smooth dough ball. This took about 3 minutes.
Put into a large lightly greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Walk away and watch tv for 45 minutes until it has risen and doubled in size.
When in doubles punch down dough (gee what does that mean? it means stick your fist in the middle of it, the dough will fall. Breack into 4 equal size portions and make into a dough ball (domed flat on bottom) Place on baking sheets (I used two) Take a serrated knife and cut 3 diagnol lines across the top of each bread ball, cover loosely with plastic wrap and let it be for 30 minutes. It should double in size.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, let cool on wire racks.

When it is done, slice off the tops and hollow out to fill with soup.

It really is so very easy. It sounds hard but if I can do it, so can you!!! If you are going to try it and need to have someone to call for help, just ask and I will give you my number and talk you through it! Best of ;luck!!


THE RANTINGS OF DEB

ABOUT

Deb
Hill Country, US

ARCHIVES []

CREDITS []

My Amazon.com Wish List

The WeatherPixie

What's My Blog Rated? From Mingle2 - Online Dating

Mingle2 - Online Dating

Who links to me?